Index | Home Page | Back | Next ______for 'old students' to find out about 'new students'
Introductions:______"Could you tell me..."
Ask a new student to tell you
- his / her first name and surname - its origin and meaning if any.
- his / her marital status.
- where he / she was born and where he / she lives now.
- what kind of home he / she lives in and who he / she lives with.
- how long he / she has been learning English.
- why he / she decided to learn English at this school.
- which other subjects he / she has studied recently if any.
- what jobs he / she has done or he / she is planning to do.
- what interests he / she has - hobbies, entertainment and sport.
- which types of people he / she most likes to have as friends.
- which countries and towns he / she has visited.
- which places he / she is planning to visit in Britain.
- if his / her life-style is typical of his / her country.
- his / her first impressions of the English town and English people.
- his / her first impressions of the language centre, its students and teachers.